经验
注册时间  
2006-01-06 16:57:00
最后登录  
2014-02-12 11:55:53
只看楼主 倒序阅读 使用道具  [楼主]0  发表于: 2008-12-09 14:31:35
— 本帖被 执行加亮操作(2008-12-09) —
CREATIVE CUSTOMS: nwo's 6 Inch Bertie the Pipebomb Figures

Artist faithfully captures Ashley Wood's World War Robot...

Austrian native Dominik, a.k.a. new_world_order (nwo), loves robots, especially "simple and bulky robot designs". Seeing the T-800 Endoskeleton in Terminator first ignited his cyber-passion, nwo loving the "idea of robots instead of humans in a fictional war. I absolutely needed an action figure of it (the Terminator)."

One of nwo's favorite Ashley Wood designed robots is Bertie the Pipebomb, the first in a new line of high-end 1:6th scale collectible figures produced by Bigshot Toyworks and Three Zero (two versions pictured above). After seeing images of the figure online, nwo needed to have one. "But they are a little pricey..."

Priced at around $350, the Bertie figures are a pipedream for many robot enthusiasts, however nwo came up with a creative solution. "After I Googled for some more pictures of Bertie I realized that the design is actually pretty simple and it wouldn't be hard to customize. So I looked around for some fodder and started work (on my own Bertie)."

The clever use of spare action figure parts and accessories helped to further define nwo's robo masterpieces. "The ammo belt was made out of various ammo pouches. The machete is from a Freddy VS Jason box set. Bertie's rocket launcher is from a Marvel Legends Movie Punisher." The combination of a McFarlane Matrix APU (Bertie's legs) and Star Wars General Grievous figure (arms) not only looks good, but provides the customs with points of articulation. Painted details, like Bertie's skull and spade insignia, complete these amazing customs.

With two Bertie customs completed, nwo has gone on to create the next World War Robot, Bramble. He plans to create even more Ashley Wood robots, experimenting with new materials, such as PVC pipe. Despite being proud of his army of incredible customs, nwo still longs for the real thing. "The 14 inch SDCC Bertie is my new (toy) grail. Someday I will get this awesome figure..." With such extreme dedication, we're sure he will.
REVIEW: Hot Toys 1/4 Scale Predator Bust

New Marvel Legends ICONS
Hasbro passes along a look at new figures in their Marvel Legends ICONS line. Measuring in at 12 inches, these super-sized superheroes include Colossus, Dardevil (and yellow variant), Nightcrawler, and Phoneix (plus flame red version). Check them out below...

COLOSSUS

DAREDEVIL:

DAREDEVIL - YELLOW VARIANT:

NIGHTCRAWLER:

PHOENIX:

PHOENIX VARIANT:

FIRST LOOK: Triad Toys' 1:6 Scale Soul Calibur Taki

REVIEW: NECA's Raving Rabbids Action Figures

Nintendo’s Wii has become the host to many party games aimed at the casual gamer. Most of those games are just plain awful, but now and then there are some good ones. I’ll admit that I haven’t played many of them. While I love my Wii, I get much more satisfaction out of games like Super Mario Galaxy and No More Heroes rather than the waggle-filled party games. So, while I’ve never played any of the Rayman: Raving Rabbids games, I can admit that I have been entertained by the commercials that contain those funny looking, screaming rabbits. Leave it to NECA to make action figures based on a game I’ve never even played, and still make me feel compelled to buy them.

That’s right, NECA has released action figures based off of Rayman Raving Rabbids! I was quite surprised to find these at my local Toys R Us, but at the same time was immediately intrigued. The retail price point was only $5.99; so needless to say, I ended up leaving with a couple of these bad boys.

The figures are only about 2 ½ inches in height, so they come on rather small blister cards. The package depicts the logo on the front, while the back pictures the three Rabbids that are available for purchase. The Rabbids on the back are not actual pictures of the toys, but rather images of the characters from the games.

But what’s this? Two of the figures available are based off of characters from other popular UbiSoft video games: Assassin’s Creed and Splinter Cell! That alone just made me feel even more compelled to grab them up.

Let’s take a look at these crazy critters out of their packaging. The first one is just the standard Raving Rabbid. The figure is made of a very solid plastic. There isn’t much of a paint job on it, as he’s mostly solid white, but what little there is is very well done. The figure only has two points of articulation, which happen to be in his arms. Because of the size of his head, the arms really don’t have a very wide range of motion. Even so, the figure itself looks great! You’ve just got to love that crazy screaming look on his face.

I also went ahead and picked up the Assassin’s Creed version: The Altair Rabbid. I’m a pretty big fan of the Assassin’s Creed game, so this one was a must-have when I saw it. He’s wearing a hood that is made of a softer plastic that practically covers his eyes completely. The hood can be removed with some work, though it may be next to impossible to get back on if you do so. Because of this, I chose to leave mine on after messing with it for a bit. The paint job on this one is a little more detailed, as details of the now famous Altair costume have been painted on. There are even funny little extras, like the carrot hanging from his belt.

REVIEW: NECA's Raving Rabbids Action Figures

Popular game title turned into toys...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a great selection of video game action figures and collectibles, check out fine retailers BigBadToyStore.com, CornerStoreComics.com, PastGenerationToys.com, TFAW.com, AmokTime.com, YesAnimation.com, SuperheroToys.com, ToyWiz.com, BriansToys.com, WhiteWizardToys.com, ToyRocket.com, Alter Ego Comics, and MonsterIslandToys.com.

For a great selection video game and pop culture t-shirts and apparel, check out TShirtGurus.com and 80sTees.com.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nintendo’s Wii has become the host to many party games aimed at the casual gamer. Most of those games are just plain awful, but now and then there are some good ones. I’ll admit that I haven’t played many of them. While I love my Wii, I get much more satisfaction out of games like Super Mario Galaxy and No More Heroes rather than the waggle-filled party games. So, while I’ve never played any of the Rayman: Raving Rabbids games, I can admit that I have been entertained by the commercials that contain those funny looking, screaming rabbits. Leave it to NECA to make action figures based on a game I’ve never even played, and still make me feel compelled to buy them.

That’s right, NECA has released action figures based off of Rayman Raving Rabbids! I was quite surprised to find these at my local Toys R Us, but at the same time was immediately intrigued. The retail price point was only $5.99; so needless to say, I ended up leaving with a couple of these bad boys.

The figures are only about 2 ½ inches in height, so they come on rather small blister cards. The package depicts the logo on the front, while the back pictures the three Rabbids that are available for purchase. The Rabbids on the back are not actual pictures of the toys, but rather images of the characters from the games.

But what’s this? Two of the figures available are based off of characters from other popular UbiSoft video games: Assassin’s Creed and Splinter Cell! That alone just made me feel even more compelled to grab them up.

Let’s take a look at these crazy critters out of their packaging. The first one is just the standard Raving Rabbid. The figure is made of a very solid plastic. There isn’t much of a paint job on it, as he’s mostly solid white, but what little there is is very well done. The figure only has two points of articulation, which happen to be in his arms. Because of the size of his head, the arms really don’t have a very wide range of motion. Even so, the figure itself looks great! You’ve just got to love that crazy screaming look on his face.

I also went ahead and picked up the Assassin’s Creed version: The Altair Rabbid. I’m a pretty big fan of the Assassin’s Creed game, so this one was a must-have when I saw it. He’s wearing a hood that is made of a softer plastic that practically covers his eyes completely. The hood can be removed with some work, though it may be next to impossible to get back on if you do so. Because of this, I chose to leave mine on after messing with it for a bit. The paint job on this one is a little more detailed, as details of the now famous Altair costume have been painted on. There are even funny little extras, like the carrot hanging from his belt.

NECA has once again proven that they really know how to make great video game based action figures. They have done a fantastic job bringing the character to life in three dimensional plastic forms and making them look just as they do in the video game. Even if you’ve never played these games before, you might enjoy these guys, especially if you are a fan of Assassin’s Creed or Splinter Cell. I know I sure love them!

For more pictures of these Raving Rabbids

StatueToys.com
Statues, Props & Figures, Daggers Guns & Swords

COMPANIES:* CREATIVE CU * INTERVIEWS * NEW TOY SME *FIGURE FLASH *MOVIES/ TV/ *MULCH *REVIEWS *SPONSOR NEWS *WHERE'S MY F 21st Century AAAAnime ADV Toys Achy Breaky T Action Toys Alfrex AmokTime AnJon Android8 Applehead Fac Art Asylum Art of War Atelier Sai Atomoton Attakus BMA Toys Bad Taste Bea Bandai Bbi Behemoth BifBangPow! BigShot ToyWo Bleeding Edge Blizzard Blue Byte Bowen Designs By George! CS Moore Stud Cards Inc. Cartoon Books Cartoon Netwo Cast-A-Way To Ching & Co. CineQuest Code 3 Comic Images Corgi Cotswold Creatus Maxim Critter Box D-Boy DC Direct DC Unlimited DaJoint Dark Horse Devils Due DiD Diamond Selec Diamond Dog Soldiers DoooDolls Dragon Dreams & Visi Dusty Trail Dynamic Force Dynamite Electric Tiki Emotes Endless Horiz Enterbay Epoch Equity Market Evergrow Limi Factory X Fanatico Fewture Model Figures Toy C First4Figures Fishermen, In Flatt World Four Horsemen Frenzy Toys FriendsWithYo Full Moon FunKo Funrise Gamma-Go Gaya Gearbox Gentle Giant Go Hero Gracelyn Graphitti Des HL Product Hallmark Hamilton Acti Happy Worker Hard Hero Hasbro Collec Hasbro Hot Toys Huckleberry T HyperChild IF Labs Ignite InToyZ Infinite Conc Infinite Mind Irwin Toy JAKKS Pacific Jada Toys Jazwares Jean St. Jean JoyRide Jun Planning Just Toys K'Nex Kaiyodo KidRobot Kinetic Toyz Konami Kotobukiya Kridana LEGO Lazy Bonz Limited Toys Little Apple LocoApe M.A.C. MGA Entertain Mahdavi Toys Majestic Stud Manley Toy Qu Martian Facto Marvel Toys Master Replic Mattel Max Factory Max Toy McFarlane Medicom Mega Bloks Merit Interna Mezco Military Toys Milos Worksho Mimoco Mirage Miscellaneous Monogram NECA Neth Creature Nevermore Cre New Adventure Norsemen Ent. Onell Design Optikon Toys Organic Hobby Palisades Peril Unlimit Phoenix Plan-B Toys Plastic Fanta Play Along Play Imaginat Play Mind Playing Manti Playmates Pop Culture S PopBox Collec Product Enter Proto-HYPE St RadioActiveCl Ramirez Studi Reaction Figu Resaurus Rock America Rocket USA Round5 SD Toys SEG SOTA STIKFAS STRANGEco Saiyudo Sappymoosetre Schleich Sci-Fi Metrop Sciacca Studi Sea Internati Shocker Toys Sideshow Southern Isla Square Enix Stan Winston StolleArt Stronghold Gr Subcultures Super-Bastard SuperRadToys Suspect Toys Symbiote Stud TakaraTomy Teddy Scares Three Zero Tokidoki Tokyo Mint Tomy Tonner Top Cow Toxic Teddies ToxicMom's Toy Biz Toy President Toy Tokyo Toy Vault Toy2R Toynami Toysite Tree House Ki Trendmasters TriForce Triad Toys UNIMAX Toys Uglydoll Uhl House Uncle Milton Underground T Uni-Five Unkl Upper Deck Valyrian Resi Varner Studio Video Games Vital Toys Vivid WETA WOTC Wheaty Wheat Wicked Figure Wild Republic WizKids Wizard Toys X Concepts X-Plus X-Toys Xmoor Studios Yamato USA Yamato Yellow Submar Yujin Zizzle eFX one2believe

FIRST LOOK: New Hasbro G.I. Joe Mighty Muggs

REVIEW: Kotobukiya Fine Arts Statue: IRON MAN

http://vaders.blog.sohu.com
离线 型之狼
经验值等级: 27 级
贡献值等级:1 级
实习记者

发帖
精华
积分
经验
注册时间